Monday, August 4, 2014

Toll and VEP Blues: Singapore First, Malaysia Second?


I hope it’s not too late for me to wish the Muslims Happy Hari Raya.  I understand that the Hari Raya lasts for at least a month.  Just like all Malaysians, I spent the holiday going to open houses and filling my tummy with ‘ketupat’ and my head with gas.  It took me a few days to recover from the ‘hangover’.  
                                      
So, I enjoyed the Raya first, and wished the Muslims later… sorry for that.

This morning, as I checked on my mails and chatted with friends, I noticed that my previous article on DAP’s attempt to stop Malaysia from buying weapons from Russia had hit some buttons. There are people who are not very happy with me laying out the possibilities and strategies of ‘the enemy’ for the rakyat to ponder.

It also turns out that the connection between Israel, the Chinese, DAP and Singapore is a little too hard for some people to swallow. These people would rather be in denial or remain ignorant so that they can continue their lives pretending that everything is fine and that they have everything under control because they know it all. 

Well, let me remind you that nobody knows it all, not even Mr. Rothschild who owns the world. And most people don’t even know themselves. 

All we have or I have is just theories and imagination plus knowledge of history to guide us through the future.   

And theories are not made by plucking ideas in thin air.  Theories are made by solving bits of puzzles there and there to create sensible stories.   For me, the news about DAP fighting for Singapore instead of Malaysia in the Johor causeway toll hike issue provides one more piece of the global political puzzle, falling into place. 

We all know for a fact that prior to Malaysian’s decision to increase the toll price, Singapore had first announced on last 1st of July, that Malaysian motorists driving into Singapore will need to pay SGD35 per day for Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) fee, SGD15 more than the current fee. 



However, it seems that DAP thinks that it is okay for Singapore to squeeze the money out from people who enters the country but it is not okay for Malaysia to squeeze the same from the Singaporeans. The new toll rates were imposed on August 1st, 2014, and on the same day, Singapore increased its VEP charge from RM38 to RM86, to match the hike.

It’s a stupid move and Malaysia is losing much more, the causeway will become a white elephant and blah…blah…blah…  Malaysia this, Malaysia that…Malaysia is always doing the wrong thing! - so DAP says. 

Hmm…why don’t we see or hear any protest against Singapore’s increasing its VEP?  Shouldn’t the protest be ‘mutual’ against both countries’ decisions, if not ‘the other way around’? 

So, it seems that DAP is saying, ‘if Malaysia wants to make money, it must not be at the stake of the Singaporeans.  Let Singapore make money from us because it has the rights to.’

Why?  Is it because the country is superior than us as it is ruled by the Chinese?

I agree that the increase is too much - ON BOTH SIDES!  And don’t give me the bullshit of we need to kow-tow to every Singapore’s stunt because our people need the jobs there.  You know…sometimes, when people started pulling hard, we have no choice but to pull back hard too or we will end up with nothing to hold on to.   

Singapore needs us just as much as we need them, or may be more…because humans need water to live, and land to live on, or make money from.  Singapore doesn’t have water nor land.  And what do we know about half of Johor that is said to be theirs already?

Just because Malaysia is generous and kind, doesn’t mean that we should ‘share’ or give it all unconditionally. 
 
Therefore, let’s just say that no country is above the other and not be biased.  I understand that for some race being biased is a natural, but just try anyway.

Now, based on this issue alone, am I wrong to question DAP’s loyalty to the country?  Or am I wrong about the Chinese and their attitude?  Majority of my office mate is DAP-Chinese and I seriously doubt that I am wrong.  They all speak for Singapore like true-Singaporeans. 




No comments:

Post a Comment